Thursday, June 9, 2011

Demon Chickens

You know that song, the one about ghost chickens in the sky? Did I make up those lyrics or was it a spoof? Either way, that song was my song last night. I had two chickens. Now I have one chicken and lots of feathers.

I woke in the night to the sound, only a soft cry at first that gathered in intensity until it was the song of a thousand demons screeching out an ode to hell. It went on, and on, and on, and on, while I lay in my bed wondering how bad the clean up would be. Turns out it's only feathers, not even a pair of rubbery dead chicken feet to be found.

Did I mention how fun it is to have things slaughtered in your yard while you listen to the death throes? This is why people live in cities where people don't usually rip off other people's heads and leave nothing but the feet and a spray of blood staining two stories up a building.

GROSS that's all I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment