Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Writerly Wednesday! Is there writing going on here?

This summer has been CRAZY, or maybe I should say, last summer. Sigh. I'm not ready for fall, however pretty the trees and clothes are. I finished writing up a novel I've had simmering for two years, WATERGIRL and it's fun. That's it, not deep, emotive, or anything else, but sometimes fun is exactly what I'm in the mood for. It will come out next spring after the usual rounds of painful editing, and we will have a beach party at one of the lakes round about.

So. That was four weeks ago that I wrapped up Watergirl. A month. Since then I've been spinning around in circles with different ideas, you know, the usual, vampire twilike musical set in New Zealand (youtube post coming maybe in the future) steam punk goblins, dystopian ninjas, you know, normal stuff like that. For some reason none of it has truly captured my obsessive nature, which is a pity because summer is when I do the explosive lots of writing that actually moves my stuff along. Oh well.

Hybrid is coming out December 1st, mark it on your calendars (if you do that kind of thing) and the party will be... I actually have no idea. There is a distinct lack of tangoing. Maybe we could have a hair party! Ooooh! I like that! We could have a best hair competition, (weirdest hair actually) or a wig party! Oh, that sounds even funner! (not a word) Anyway, I will have to think on it. If you have an idea, I'd be ever so happy to hear it!

Write on! (yes. I do think puns are HILARIOUS!)

No comments:

Post a Comment