Monday, December 3, 2012

What My Daughter Picked

This is my outfit. Because I received countless emails begging to know what the outfit my darling chose for me was. Here goes:


Do we need more?

Here's a glamour shot:

 I look practically ready to vacuum! 

Let's see, teal suede bootes: Anthro sale
Burgundy Velvet pants: Made by me for that thing a long time ago but I never posted a picture. See? I really made them! Used thrifted skirt for fabric. Very ethical, I know.
Ruana: Museum gift shop, 75% off. Ate lunch then headed back down to the basement to rescue it. We were made for each other (handmade in both cases)
Silk blouse you can't see very well: Thrift shop I bought to make a scarf but it fits too well to cut up.
Hair band which you can't see but holds back my messy from hair-not-long-enough french braid. I made it using these instructions: headband Trust me, it's cute.

Linking up to Visible Monday ladies Visible Monday Because nothing makes me feel more visible than textures and teal. Why is this all centered? Oh well. What makes you feel visible?

7 comments:

  1. Love, love the boots and the paisley wrap. You are definitely Visible, in the best way - thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Patti! I've followed along with your link-ups for a while. I love the concept of seeing beauty in different ages even if it takes courage to be boldly out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL....how sweet! She definitely decked you out. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot tell you how much I love this combination. So beautiful fabrics and silhouettes. They say lovely things about you! First time visitor, and will be back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, Jan! I'm delighted to have you visit my blog:)

      Delete
  5. I love getting fashion inspiration from my girls (7 and4). What fun!

    ReplyDelete