Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Writerly Wednesday: Hybrid in review

All right. There's this song,

And it's kinda poppy, kinda peppy but super, overwhelmingly, nearly sickeningly sweet, and it's the theme song that flowered into epitome during the last quarter of Hybrid. This song, the sappiness is remarkably perfect for the first love budding and then bursting into life, and it makes sense, and listening to the song on repeat for a month really made the whole thing cohesive, (I'm going to say it again) with the budding bliss and rapture, optimism and unflagging hope we get from Dariana.

So Dariana isn't always so hopeful, and maybe this is a bad thing because she's this new soul, so I'm cringing here, but maybe I have to go back over the thing with this song on repeat and fill in some bits, chop, carnage, rip out some angst and fill it with sweet. Is this fair to my sense of closure after flinging Hybrid into the published ether? Well, I'm my biggest audience, so, yeah, I am. Sorry to those waiting on books cuz they're not going to happen 'til I've told the world. Yep.

Any songs on repeat this week? Month? Ever?


2 comments:

  1. Fun song! Ummm...I've been listening to Adagio for Strings by Samuel Barber lately. A lot. It is so lush, delicate and dripping with passion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooh! I'm going to check that out! It sounds delicious! Thanks for being here!

    ReplyDelete